How do I know if an enquiry is genuine?
Fraud happens and we all need to be alert. We closely monitor all enquiries and potential guests and if we find something suspicious about an enquiry we sent to you, we will notify you. You should be cautious about the following:
- If the guest is from Nigeria, Sudan, The Ivory Coast or any other country from Central Africa
- If the story sounds too fantastic – “My government have sent me on an official assignment”, “I work for a Christian organisation” or “I would like to pay the full amount up front”
- If the written English is very poor, but very formal.
- You receive a cheque with a larger amount than you asked for.
- If the guest wishes to pay you via “Western Union” or similar company which is not a bank