How do I add or edit damage protection on my listing?
You can require guests to pay a Refundable damage deposit.
Refundable damage deposit:
A refundable damage deposit is an amount collected by you to cover any potential damage caused by a guest during their stay. Once the stay is over, the deposit will automatically refund back to the guest (less any assessed damage charges, if any) after a pre-selected number of days.
- Log in to your account.
- Select the listing you want to edit.
- Click the Calendar icon in the left navigation menu.
- Click Rates.
- Click Rates settings and select Damage protection.
- Use the checkbox to select a Refundable damage deposit and input the amount that you require.
- Select 7 or 14 days after the checkout date for when the system will automatically refund the damage deposit to your guests. The full deposit will automatically refund unless an amount is withheld before the 7 or 14 day period.
- Click Save.